Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waiting for the Day...

I'm waiting for the day someone sees me for me.

I'm waiting for the day when things about myself are not assumed, as I am changing every day.

I'm waiting for the day when someone notices I am changing.

I'm waiting for the day someone can finally relate to me.

I'm waiting for the day someone compliments my singing voice.

I'm waiting for the day when someone appreciates the little things I can do.

I'm waiting for the day I can write my own song.

I'm waiting for the day where I inspire someone.

I'm waiting for the day for someone to see how far I have come.

I'm waiting for the day people stop calling me 'kid' or 'kiddo'

I'm waiting for the day when people realize I am more like them than they know.

I'm waiting for the day when I don't have to be someone else's kind of perfect.

I'm waiting for the day someone tells me I'm beautiful without reason.

I'm waiting for the day I have the courage to do what I want.

I'm waiting for the day when I'm loved unconditionally.

I'm waiting for the day I can start fresh with a good friend.

I'm waiting for the day where my family realizes how much I've sacrificed.

I'm waiting for the day I can sleep again.

I'm waiting for the day when I am able to speak my mind like I used too.

I'm waiting for the day I can tell people what really happened in my relationship with Daniel.

I'm waiting for the day people realize my past is my past.

I'm waiting for the day people let me be myself.

I'm waiting for the day I get my chance.

I'm waiting for the day when someone can rescue me.

Am I selfish? No. Sorry if it did sound selfish, it wasn't intended. I'm just tired of always being the one to listen or the one to be counted on. I'm tired of people assuming how 'immature' I am... If they really knew me, they would realize I have changed. And I am older than I used to be. I'm just tired of nobody giving me credit...-sigh- I'm starting to annoy myself.

1 comment:

  1. Im waiting for the day that you write a poem or monologue to illustrate a message

    ReplyDelete