Saturday, June 26, 2010

Give them love and what does it get ya?

I was talking to my little sister tonight, and somehow we got on the subject of missing people. And she said, "I've never missed anybody before." And jokingly I put in, "Aw, so you've never missed me before?" And she just shook her head and said, "No, I just don't miss people."

I was a little thrown off by the fact that she was dead serious. So I asked, "You've never missed anybody? Ever?" And she shook her head. So I said, "You'll miss me when I move out." And she looked at me like, Are you joking? And she said, "No, I probably won't like I said, I don't miss people." And I said, "But you'd miss me if I died." And she didn't say anything...So I said, "Wouldn't you?" And she said, "I just don't think it's possible for me to miss anyone."

This just PROVES that everything I do around this house is for nothing. Everything I have ever done for her even if she doesn't realize it. I make her lunch nearly everyday. I do all kinds of crap for her, never even bothering to ask for a thank you. And I've learned not to expect one. But this? I mean come on! I even asked her if she missed our Grandma who passed away in March. She said she didn't even notice.

I could cry, but I'm still in complete and utter shock. There was a part of me that was hoping I was wrong in the fact that I wouldn't be missed when I moved out. I kept telling myself when Alora and Jerry didn't have me around they would stop treating me like dirt and realize all I do for them.

It kills me that I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment