Friday, June 4, 2010

Old Ladies.

So today, me and a friend of mine went into McDonald's to kill some time. We ordered ice cream and we sat down at a window seat and we talked and ate and such. When we were finished, she went to the bathroom and I was cleaning up our table area, putting wrappers and spoons and empty ice cream containers onto our tray. And sitting next to us was a group of old ladies who had been sitting there for awhile. All of their trash was still on the table, which was like it was when my friend and I sat down to eat, so I figured why not. So I walked the short distance over to them and said, "Hi, since I'm heading to the trash can anyway, would you like me to throw all of this away for you?"

All of their faces lit up like a Christmas tree. They were like, "Oh yes!" and "Thank you so much!" One lady asked me, "What makes you so nice?" and like it was a different voice I said, "Oh I just have a whole lot of Jesus in my heart waiting to get out." The table was silent for a moment and I felt I said something wrong. Then another old lady said, "How hold are you sweety?" And I answered, "17 ma'am." Again the table was silent and all I wanted to do was turn and run away. The lady who'd spoken up first said, "You don't find many teenagers like you dear. You keep shining that light, and God bless you." I smiled and probably turned really red, and I walked away and through their trash away.

I've never felt so accomplished in my life. I feel like I made someone's day. And it makes my day.

It does sadden me however, that it has probably been years if ever that they had a young person say or do something like that. I feel like our generation is falling. And I long to pick it back up again...

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is amazing Taylor! I'm so proud of you!! You better share that at movement. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so proud of you dear. Awesome isn't it? (:

    ReplyDelete