Saturday, May 29, 2010

Winning and Losing.

So my favorite TV show is Lost, and I have been watching old episodes recently, a lot. =] And there was a quote that inspired a blog! Which is why we're here right now. The quote was,

"Things have really been sucking for me lately, and I could really use a victory. So let's get one."

This is a both beautiful, and horrible quote. Why horrible? Because it's true. I know I love to dwell on the bad. Like, I don't have anyone I can have a heart to heart conversation with about what I really want to talk about because I'm scared of what they'll think. Or I'm not confident enough to go without a jacket, or how I wish I could pull off a dress. Or how I want to sing more, but actually like the sound of my voice. The list goes on and on, but you get my point. But the truth is, I know it's me who's holding ME back. No one else. ME. I should be confident, because I was created in God's image dangit. Why should I be insecure about that? I know I can go out there and get me a victory at any moment, but I'm letting my fear and my flesh get in the way. And it's making me physically and emotionally sick.

Life is pretty darn horrible at the moment. But I don't have to let that destroy MY mood! I have a RIGHT to be happy! I have a RIGHT to walk into a room with confidence. The people in my past don't matter. I'm here NOW. I made it through all of the destruction the world caused me so should I let it hold me back now?

I haven't answered these questions yet. But something tells me in the next few weeks, I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment