Thursday, May 6, 2010

Scars.

Those of you who know me, know that I always wear a jacket. Those of you who don't know me that well, probably are wondering why I wear a jacket in Florida heat.
I used to wear a jacket because I was insecure with myself. And I still do to a point, but the main reason I wear it is because of the scars I have on my arms. For those of you who don't know I used to be a cutter. Why? Because I needed something to be there, something to be constant in my life. Because everything always just came and went. And that was the only thing I had that I knew I could count on. Don't try to tell me otherwise because that's WHY I did it. It may sound crazy to you, but it's not to me.
I can proudly say I am over the cutting, do I still have urges? Yes, but I'm strong enough to say no to myself. Which is really hard to do.
I haven't cut for two months. And I'm proud of it. Because it used to be hard for me to go without it for a day.

But lately I realized something. They aren't scars at all. Scars are always taken as ugly or something to be ashamed of. And for the longest time I have been ashamed of my arms, and the scars that are on them. But that's the point isn't it? They are there to SHOW that I am an OVER COMER. They are there, and they prove it happened in the past and is not happening now. I like to call them beauty marks. Because it shows that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. These marks on my skin show to me and the world, that what I did made me a stronger person, and they made me who I am today. And now? I couldn't be more proud of them.

What happened, happened, everything happens for a reason.

2 comments:

  1. now to change the internal scars into beauty marks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you my dear. (: You have become some strong; never let yourself believe you are anything but that! Love you!

    ReplyDelete