Sunday, April 25, 2010

Can't catch the mind.

Ever feel like you just don't belong? Like everyone around you is slipping away, like sand falling through your fingers. You can try and stop it, but it will still weasel its way out of your clenched fist and fall to the ground, where it belongs.
I'm trying to figure out where I belong in this world, because lately, I just haven't felt right anywhere. My head is swimming in thoughts that I can't pin point. I couldn't catch my mind even if I got a ten second head start. And it's really irritating.

I've always been terrified to confront people. Mainly this only happens when it's super important. And I wanna talk to this person, but I think I'm scared to find out the truth. What if they don't need me as much as I need them? What if it isn't us, but only me?
The future is coming in fast, and I've realized I've spent all my teenage years being a mother to my two younger siblings. Not that I'm complaining, I love them...
But I feel like I haven't even gotten the chance to be a kid. Pressures of helping to pay bills was thrusted on me when I was babysitting at thirteen. I've been taking care of my family since I was eleven. And now I'm seventeen. I'll be eighteen in 11 months. And it scares me to think that my childhood is coming to an end and I didn't even get to really live it.

It sucks.
Big ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment