Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Miami Outreach 2010

I feel spiritually, physically, and emotionally renewed! And it's awesome!

The week of July 26th - July 31st was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had! I apologize in advance if I don't make much sense, for the simple fact it's so hard to find words with what I experienced.

I've realized how much I take for granted. Being outside in the heat for long periods of time and then going right back into AC is a BLESSING. The family's we saw and witnessed to don't get the chance to go back into AC, they have to sit in that heat 24/7. But we can just talk about how hot it is outside from the comfortable AC in our home. :(

Another thing, today my sister and brother and I went outside for some "exploring in the woods" the entire time, they were saying how hot it was and such, but it didn't really phase me, because, well I can't explain why. My guess is simply because of what I saw and how I felt all week. Sweating all day and on the go at all times...That was nothing compared to what most people go through.

I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting anything that happened. On Monday, I was just like yea this gonna be good. And then Tuesday, walking through Liberty City and giving out stuff and just talking with people, and telling them about the party we'd be having, and seeing the ways that they lived, and knowing that wasn't even the worst of it. Some people were excited about it too. There was one family with these three kids who translated for their mom, and they were so excited, and I saw them there! :D It was a good feeling to know we made a difference.

And then we went to South Beach and prayed for people. Some people thought it was really weird that we'd be praying for them. But some wanted it more than anything, you could see it in their eyes. And it was nice to know we were a blessing to them.

Also, on Thursday night, I was prayed for. And I'd go into detail but there will more than likely be a separate blog. So I'll just say this, this guy was speaking straight from God. He knew something that I've never told anyone, that I'd hardly admitted to myself. He spoke of a desire of my heart that I've always kept to myself, and that was the FIRST thing he said! So as you can imagine, the rest was pretty amazing, God is AWESOME.

All I know is I have a new perspective on Life. I'm content with myself, with where I'm at with what I'll be doing in the future. No money or loads of it. I'm content. Something I haven't been since 5th grade. :D

I love God. And I live Him more and more everyday. I've never felt so at peace! :D This is just all too wonderful.

Tomorrow is Wednesday!!!! I can't wait for The Movement!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm ready to get my worship on. :D Even though I've worshiped every day in my room, I want more. :D

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

1 comment: