Tuesday, August 10, 2010

All I have to say is....

God is AWESOME. :D

Did you know we're supposed to rejoice in our times of sorrow? That we are supposed to actually think of these hard times as a blessing from God? I never grasped this concept until twenty minutes ago. I just got back from an incredible week, and Satan is really trying to tear me down! Today I was in sort of a funk, and I just didn't see the point in anything. But I opened my bible and I read James, my favorite book EVER. That book starts out by saying this:

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

For the longest time this confused me. But then God broke it down for me. :D
We are supposed to rejoice in our times of trouble because God sent them our way. He never gives us too much to handle, so we are able to fire back at satan with our own ammo because we have the Holy Spirit inside of us! Because God is testing our faith so that we can grow more in HIM! It then goes on to say that when our endurance is fully developed we'll be perfect, complete, and needing nothing. I figured, well geeze God hurry this up so that I can need nothing and be super content with my life.

But the troubles don't just STOP. God took 7 days to create the world and it's wonders. But he's taking your entire life to mold and shape you, so your life will be difficult. It may even get worse, but God is only molding you and shaping you to be the person He has destined you to be!

So when you feel there is nothing to smile at, smile at THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment